Sunday, September 4, 2011

Georges Secret Key to the Universe


 One of my favorite parts of Georges Secret Key to the Universe’s jacket was, “Suddenly George is on a roller-coaster ride through the vastness of space…” The second reason is the book had an odd beginning, talking about pigs and how they vanish into nowhere.  I’m glad Evan showed the book to me.
My favorite characters were George, Eric and Annie.  One of the reasons is because they were the main characters and were around most often.  One thing I liked about George is that he was very curious like me.  George’s role in the story was as the kid that gets picked on, but more importantly some sort of ‘wonderer’.  Something I liked about Eric is that he was good with computers.  Eric was a scientist trying to find a new world for humans to inhabit.  One of the reasons Annie was one of my favorite characters is because she is always thinking on her feet.  For example, when her Dad got sucked up into a black hole she stayed on top of the situation.  Annie was the ‘answerer,’ a kid in a science fair and also George’s neighbor.  I wonder what it felt like for them to go into outer space.   
There were two main problems in the story.  One of the problems was when George told Dr. Reeper aka Greeper about Cosmos, the world’s most advanced computer.  Cosmos, could teleport you to any place in space or time.  Later on, George found out that Greeper was part of Eric’s alliance and got kicked off the alliance for trying to use Cosmos for evil purposes.  Then Greeper wanted revenge on the alliance.  As a result Greeper tricked Eric into going into a black hole.  I wonder if black holes really are eternal prisons. 
I had a few of questions as I was reading the book.  One of my questions is, how hot does it get on other planets?  Another one is, what is the average temperature on other planets.  The third question is, how cold does it get on other planets?  The final question is, are there any more planets in our galaxy?  I wonder what it would feel like to be on a different planet.
I might read more books by Lucy Hawking.  One of the reasons is because this book interested me.  Another reason is because it took it answered all my questions I often ask pester my parents with.  A reason I may not read another book by Lucy Hawking is because this book was so long took and it long time to read.  I found the book very interesting but I still don’t know if I’ll read another book by Lucy Hawking.    

No comments:

Post a Comment