Friday, September 9, 2011

Eragon


Did you ever think you would find a dragon when you were little?  Eragon was a smart boy and never thought it would happen.  That all changed when a young farm boy came across this shiny blue rock.  He brought it into his room for a few days.  Then one night he heard a little bit of pounding, he turned on the lights and looked to see what the heck was going on.  And a baby dragon appeared.  
My favourite character is Saphira, Eragon’s dragon, because she is always there to help Eragon.  She is very motherly to Eragon.  Although Saphira is younger than Eragon she still acts older because she is larger.  Also Saphira is very protective to Eragon.  For example, Saphira never let Eragon go to war but he did any way.  Saphira would be a great pet dragon to have!
My favourite part of the book was when Eragon made Brisinger, his sword.  This was my favourite part because I thought it was funny how he cursed; and subsequently, his sword caught on fire.  This book gave me many laughs besides this one.  Aside from the funnies, the book also had many tragic parts.  One time was when two of Eragon’s teachers died.  One after another, just like dominoes.  Another tragic part was when King Galbortox killed millions of people in the war.  Simultaneously, Eragon’s sword broke.  There were many funny moments along with tragic ones. 
  This book was a really good book, good enough for me to read the rest of the books in the series.  The book had so many enjoyable laughs.  Even though the book was gory I would rate it on a scale of one to ten a ten.  So if I were you I’d go to the local library and get it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment