Saturday, September 3, 2011

Diary of a wimpy Kid


            I picked this book for three reasons.  One reason is that I knew I in a short period of time.  Second, my brother has read this book and has said that it is really funny.  Finally, I’ve read all the previous books before in the series and enjoyed them.  So, I’m glad I chose this book. 
            My favorite character is Greg.  He is the main character in the story. Greg is a wimpy, lazy, procrastinator that often gets bullied.  One of the reasons he is my favorite character is that he is always getting into discomforting situations and often not getting out of them.  For example, Greg had to do laundry for himself and chose not to do it; thus, he did not have enough clean clothes.  Because of this, he had to wear his Wonder Woman Wonderoos and had to borrow pants from his older brother, Rodrick.  Later that day his pants fell down and was caught on videotape with embarrassing underwear on.  Greg’s choices lead to many laughs.
            The main problem in this book is that Greg’s dad, Frank, wants to send Greg off to military school and Greg doesn’t want to go.  Frank wants to send Greg to military school so he could get better at sports.  Greg ends up not going to military school because he saves Frank from embarrassment.
            There are some things that I thought and wondered.  One thing is if Greg’s pants falling down is going to get to school and become socialized.  Another question is will he ever get more athletic? 
            I think you should read more books by Jeff Kinney. One reason is that I really liked all the books in this series and I’d like to read the next book in the series.  One reason I may not is that I don’t know of any other books written by Jeff Kinney.    

No comments:

Post a Comment